What you can do if you think someone might be considering Suicide:
- Watch for warning signs: depression and hopelessness, substance abuse, giving away possessions, dramatic mood changes, intense anger.
Question: "Are you thinking about suicide?" "How would you do it?" "When would you do it?"
- This allows your friend to ask for help and talk openly about their feelings
- These questions help you to know what you need to do to get them help
- Persuade: Talk with your friend about getting help. Keep the conversation positive.
- Report: 911, SafeUT, school counselor
Utah Suicide Prevention
American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
Suicide Prevention 101 Library
Emergency Phone Numbers
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
State Crisis Hotline (24 hours)
Tooele Youth Services (8:00 am to 5:30 pm Mon-Fri)
Tooele County Dispatch
Tooele City Police Department
"Uni"- University of Utah Neuropsychiatric Institute
Grantsville City Police Department