Here are some of the charitable activities that have happened or are still underway across the district:
Check with your school for specifics.
- Community Learning Center/Blue Peak High – Students and staff were asked to donate directly to the Tooele Community Resource Center Food Pantry.
- Grantsville High School – Gathered toys for children as well as food and toys for pets
- Grantsville Junior High – Cash for Kids event – Staff members will donate funds which will be used to purchase gift cards for families in need.
- Middle Canyon Elementary – Students collected items for the food pantry. Staff members purchased gifts from a wish list for a family in the school who needed extra help with Christmas.
- Old Mill Elementary – Food drive and coat, mittens, and hat drive.
- Overlake Elementary – Personal care items (shampoo, conditioner, soap, etc.) are being collected for the community resource center.
- Stansbury High School – Created 100 lunch kits for the homeless. They are also doing a Sub for Santa for a family in need. In partnership with the Tooele Education Foundation, they are participating in a new book drive for children district-wide.
- Sterling Elementary – Through a program called Loving Links, students are bringing in cash donations for families in need. They are also doing a food drive.
- Tooele High School – Winter Tree Festival - School clubs and sports teams are sponsoring 38 families in need this year. They are providing presents to household members aged 18 and under (123 children in total). Each family will also receive a decorated Christmas tree and box of food for a Christmas meal. The school partnered with TCSD Youth and Family Resource Center and Tooele Community Resource Center for the project.